Kevin Brady has issued the terms of reference of his inquiry into Te Wananga O
The Audit Office inquiry was launched last year, but extended recently after
allegations of misuse of funds and nepotism.
The extended inquiry will investigate:
- Procurement policies and practices used, focusing on transactions where Wananga
councillors, employees/ relatives were involved.
- International travel policies and practices.
- Selected payments made to councillors/employees of the Wananga in relation
to involvement with entities controlled by the Wananga.
- Identification and management of conflicts of interest by the Wananga in relation
to the Mahi Ora, Kiwi Ora and Greenlight programmes.
- The relationship and transactions between the Wananga and the Aotearoa Institute
Te Kuratini O Nga Waka Trust and its subsidiaries.
- The implementation of the Wananga’s capital acquisition strategy in
relation to selected capital purchases.
- Processes used by the Wananga when it employed close relatives of the chief
Mr Brady will focus on transactions and activities in the years 2002 to 2004.
He will report to Parliament in stages.