Where is New Zealand?
New Zealand is an independent state in the South Pacific, made up of two main islands called The North Island and The South Island, as well as numerous smaller ones such as Stewart Island and the Chatham Islands. Its indigenous (Maori) name is Aotearoa. It has a population of almost 4 million, a rich and diverse cultural heritage, and plenty of spectacular scenery.
- Capital City: Wellington, located at the bottom of the North Island (geographical co-ordinates 41 19S 174 46E).
- Largest City: Auckland, located 660km North of Wellington. Population approx. 1 million
- Total area: 270,534 sq. km. Length: Approximately 2,200 km
- Population: Approx 4 million
- Climate: Temperate.
- Main Languages: English and Maori. Asian and Pacific Island languages are also common.
This is the view from 50,000 km above New Zealand....